Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Am Maybe Sabaan But I Am a Well-Kept Woman



Hi there my dear bloggers and readers (kung meron man. haha) This blog entry is kinda different because I'll be sharing about somebody whom I've known for 25 graceful years. Alright, to have an easier introduction about her, please try to look at the picture to your left. Yep, that's me. Me, myself and I.


I am MARYARIBEKAH (my world-wide-web screen name) and I'm a proud member of the Christian Sanguine Society. Oh yeah, you're right. That society doesn't actually exist. But for those of you na maka-relate, just go on and read it. =) And by the way, I'm a member na pala of this group since ummm---kindergarten. hehehe.


So what qualifies me to be in here?





Ok. Let's face it. I'm really sabaan---visayan term for talkative. ouch. haha. When I'm with people (take note, real people. real friends), my energy level sometimes gets so high that it becomes contagious to those who are emotionally down and troubled. Wow! That's the spirit of joy and happiness multiplying! Perhaps, that's one of the reasons why I consider my pagkasabaan as an asset, not a liability. A strength and not as a weakness.



And because I'm sabaan, I speak too much. But don't worry, it's manageable. hahaha! I still know when to open my mouth and talk or to shut up and listen---special thanks to the "Fruit of the Spirit" SELF CONTROL. I've learned much. *wink-wink* Anyway, just to let you know that there was an instance when I was asked to sit beside my papa when he drove 24 hours NON STOP. Why? Just to keep him awake all the time! See, I told yah. My ability of speaking too much is sometimes beneficial. bwahaha!


In connection with that bwahaha, Opo...opo. I "laugh-out-loud". SUPER LOUD. I was never a Maria-Clara-wanna-be (in terms of LOLing) hehehe. I do not laugh with a paypay or a handkerchief to cover my mouth. I don't laugh pa-cute. Aw, kinsa man pu'y pa-cute an? Hahaha! 'Coz when there's an extreme joy in my heart, it overflows. But in case you don't know me well, mababaw lang po ang kaligayahan ko. Oh please do not get me wrong. To make it clear, simple things can really make me happy. =)


Sanguine people are hyper-slash-active. Count me in. I'm adventurous and never afraid in trying out new things. I want to go bungee jumping, zip lining, air walking, sky diving, scuba diving, etc! I even want to travel the whole Philippines and abroad. In fact, I'm almost done with Mindanao. Next up, Visayas!! Wanna come?


But, in spite of my "loudiness" and "bubbliness", I'm still God's well-kept woman. Some people misinterpret the Sanguines especially the women as "easy ones." In bisaya, humok daw ug ilong. Pardon me. I beg to disagree. Because personally (okay. I'm talking about myself ha?), I always make sure that "as for me and my heart aka emotions, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD" and as a result of it, other people will be blessed. I maybe clumsy and marks some purple bruises on my knees and elbows, but by God's grace when it comes to my heart, I KNOW HOW TO GUARD IT WELL. I even guard it like a Steve Nash or any other best point-guard players in NBA! A friend sees it as a "toughness" on my part. But no, it's only a matter of playing it "offensively." Lisod na mailog ang "bola" nga wala sa oras labi na hapit na unta ma-shoot! Yay, kasakit! It's been a while na pud diay na I'm playing it "offensively." 25 years of guarding (sige, minus the childhood days na wala'y labot. hehe) and karon pa kaha nako ipa-ilog? NO WAY! Kaya to my best enemy (the deceiver of all hearts) in this stage called waiting, BACK OFF! You cannot expect anything from me. I won't give in to your lies either. Sorry.

So thankful that the Lord taught me to keep my heart with all diligence because out of it flows the issues of life and death (See Proverbs 4:23).



One more thing, Michelle McKinney Hammond mentioned in her book What To Do Until Love Finds You that a well-kept woman do not "initiate." Leave it to the men. She said that the answer to finding the right role with the right leading man in the right play is important but not easily mastered. That's why in this area, single women (like me!) just need to relax and shed off those worries. Michelle and I are convinced that the only way to have an effective relationship--the way God designed it--is for both parties (men and women) stick to their roles.


I am such a believer and an advocate of TRUE LOVE WAITS. I do not easily lower my standard or settle for anything less just because I'm looking at my watch. The man that God reserved for me will see and recognize my specialness because I'm the piece of himself that he's been missing. I will complete the puzzle of his life. And no matter how long I have been waiting, my hope is still up and know that this man God has for me will surpass my expectations. I will meet him when God says so. Not a minute early, not a moment late. (Words and wisdom inspired by MMH. Ten Claps for her!)





I am MARYARIBEKAH. What you see is what you get. This is me. I am maybe sabaan but I am God's well-kept woman.


To God be the glory!! =)


p.s. If you find yourself wailing in the loneliest part of the sea, let me suggest you 2 things. First, open and give your heart to Jesus and receive that peace, comfort and joy you've been looking for. And second, go to my org---the Christian Sanguine Society (hehehe!) and meet a friend like me to cheer you up, give you a heart warming encouragement with an additional confetti to finally paint a smile on your face! Be blessed!




6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Press relate button beh! PRESS! hahaha! :)) I can attest to this, Mommyding! I am a living witness.. and a fan! ahem! hahaha! =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyah meeh!!!
    LIKE.
    well-kept indeed because you are
    very precious to Him!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yanny dearest! =) press THANK YOU button pud! PRESS! hehehe. See u in Tagum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyah Janie ding! =) wen gani atong session about ani? hahaha! Bitaw uuy, i know u are learning lots of things esp about this heart thingy... apply gyud ta ding. lihukon nato ni and bless others. love yah! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!.................................................................I am rebuked and corrected..
    amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marlie! Blogs are being written to encourage others jud dapat noh? =)


    Keep on believing God's promises! See u around. <3

    ReplyDelete