Thursday, October 1, 2009

I shed tears. He shed blood.



I shed tears when I thought what I did was right.

Only to know that it was done by my own might.

I shed tears when things suddenly went wrong.

How will I mend it? Just thinking all day long.


I shed tears when I’m in my utmost point of desperation,

Don’t know where to run, don’t even know how to get my portion.

I shed tears when my dreams were stolen, and broken into pieces.

My heart is torn, an anxious feeling inside of me never ceases.


I shed tears when it seems all hope is gone.

There’s a deep emptiness, I felt so undone.

I shed tears when I couldn’t get the answers to all of these.

I cannot see the reason; Lord will You help me please?


Then TRUTH came, consumed me and it shed light

Taught me to stand up, move forward and uphold the fight

This truth took me to a special place, where I found freedom, peace and salvation

There Jesus bled and died for me, on that cross I saw it washed my imperfections


He shed blood to open up my eyes and see

That I am His best and faith has made it easy

He shed blood to cancel my mind’s negative arguments

He renewed my identity, gave me love that was really truly meant.


He shed blood to restore my cherished godly dreams

Gave me strength and hope to pursue every visionary scheme

Oh Jesus, thank You for all You have done!

That each time I shed tears, I’m reminded that I’m Your precious one.



© September, 2009.



No comments:

Post a Comment