Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'll Stay


I was once in somene else’s field
Where I laughed, I learned, loved and lived
Only to know that it wasn’t really for me
For the real threshing floor awaits my eyes to see
In Your field I found myself working for the harvest
Picking up the grains, gathering the sheaves I gave my best
Being too busy with it, I didn’t noticed of the time
I haven’t even seen You–the field’s Owner Who went by
Kinsman-Redeemer, a Man of standing they used to call You
For there’s a kindness in Your heart so genuine and true
But why have I found such favor in Your eyes?
That You noticed me–a woman still paying the price
Oh You Who have given me with so much love
Cared for my purity and held me like a dove
I will forever be embraced by Your long strong arms
Yes, I’ll stay in Your field that causes me no harm

by: maryaribekah. aug2008

No comments:

Post a Comment