Friday, September 25, 2009

Toe The Line


This nail polish remover a.k.a acetone made me realized a lot of things. Umm, yeah..it's kinda weird. But this reminded me to follow (respect!) rules and regulations and to toe the line.

CHANGE PLEASE.

I went to a travel agency (located inside V.Plaza) yesterday to get my sister's passport. Good thing, madali lang akong natapos because I still have to pay the telephone bills @ PLDT (and this was around 4:30 pm na..hurry, hurry!) Kaya lang when I tried to check my purse, hala..tibuok man diay akong kwarta. For sure, wala'y kambyo ang jeepney driver ani. So I decided to buy an acetone sa grocery store for my "overstaying" na nail polish (lisod na mamatayan ug kuko!haha) and hoping na naa jud kambyo ang cashier. I went inside the grocery store and started looking for the acetone...pero wala akong makita! Then I approached a saleslady and asked her "Miss, asa dapit inyong acetone?" Then she told me, "Maam, naa sa HARDWARE po".

CHEWING THE BONE.

I asked, "Ha? Naa sa hardware? Aw..okay. Thanks." Can't help but to laugh (aw, napasmile lang diay) when I turned my back from the saleslady. But really, sige jud ko ug hunahuna..."nganong naa man sa hardware ang acetone? I used to buy this before but sure ko sa grocery store man jud nako to makita." Dili kaya namali lang ko ug pandungog? haha. Sa tantong lakaw2x nako padulong sa hardware (obedient man diay ko! well, why not give it a try anyway?), sige gihapon ko question why. And when I reached the store, "hala uy. Maulaw man ko musulod. Basi wala jud dinhi. Pero go na indai, nagdali man kaya ka?" Amazing. A few steps inside from the hardware's doorway, nakakita na ko ug signboard: Acetone and Muriatic acid sold here. Yehey! I knew it..i knew it! Haha. Bitaw oie. Natingala jud gihapon ko. Kaya nga when I approached the salesman, i grabbed the opportunity to ask him, "Sir, bakit po nandito ang acetone? Diba po dapat nasa grocery store ni?" And I was really hoping that he'll give me valid reasons (hello? effort kaya pumunta from grocery store hantod hardware.hehe.joke lang!) True enough, he gave me answers which led me to those realizations i mentioned above. "Ginacheck naman gud ni sa PDEA maam."


IDEA ON PDEA .

PDEA stands for Philippine Drug Enforcement Ageny. Some of their duties are:

* To cause the efficient and effective implementation of the national drug control strategy formulated by the Dangerous Drugs Board;
* Arrest and apprehend as well as search all violators and seize or confiscate the effects or proceeds of the crimes as provided by law;
* Take charge and have custody of all dangerous drugs and/or controlled precursors and essential chemicals seized, confiscated or surrendered to any national, provincial or local law enforcement agency.

Source: http://pdea.gov.ph/power-and-duties.php


DIGGING MORE INFO.

"Ah, Mao ba? Why pud daw sir?" Kay ginagamit man ang acetone and muriatic acid para pampaputi sa drugs, he answered. Then he looked for a valid ID, got my name and address--signature pa! Ani na jud diay ka strict maski sa tag Php 13 lang na acetone? Kuyawa na ani uy.

STILL CHEWING THE BONE.

On my way na sa pldt (oie, nakambyuhan diay ko sa cashier!hehehe), daghan kaayo ko naapreciate and nalearn. Yup2x..in fairness, naapreciate nako pag-ayo ang situation. I mean, V.Plaza's management are doing their part in cooperation with the PDEA (haven't checked yet kung ani pud ba sa ubang malls here in Davao) Henceforth, that's submission to authority..tama? (i salute u guys!) We should really submit to our delegated authorities! Mapa-biological, spiritual, sa school or even sa government. We cannot say I'm a good citizen if sa simpleng pagtawid lamang sa pedestrian ay hindi natin masunod-sunod. We cannot say I'm a good student if sa simpleng projects and assignments na binibigay ng teacher eh hindi natin magawa (add mo pa mga libak towards them!tsk3x). And we really cannot say Im a good Christian if ang mga commands written in the bible, hindi rin natin mafollow2x (I remembered my devo kahapon. In Deut.29--THE RENEWAL OF THE COVENANT. verse 9 says, "Carefully follow the terms of this covenant, so that you may prosper in everything.") and we tend to disobey pa our spiritual parents/leaders. John Bevere, author of the book UNDER COVER was right when he quoted, "Every soul is to be subject to authorities because God has appointed all governing authorities. The origin of all authority goes back to God...Since God has appointed all authorities, we refuse the authority behind them if we dishonor or refuse to submit to them. Whether we know it or not, we resist the ordinance or rule of God. When we oppose God's delegated authority, we oppose God Himself."

Romans 13:1 - Everyone must submit himself to governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Hahai..Buti na lang acetone, na-encounter kita kahapon! =)


4 comments:

  1. pag kadakong CHECK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. NICE! In everything, even in the simplest/weirdest/most obvious situations that we encounter, ask God for revelations. Hmmm. Reflect and then ask (from the right person or people), and we will have the answer we need. Obedience pud ang ginadeal sa ako karon te. grabe. God is amazingly good at everyhting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi anonymous! thanks for droppin' by. i hope u'll reveal urself nextym. hehe! =)

    @ yannydear: mao man! God can reveal so many things jud even pa sa pinakaweird na butang/ situation..need lang jud ta makadiscern na mao na diay to ang way of pakigsturya ni Lord. yeah, God is extremely and amazingly good @ everything!! powah! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. mali akong spelling sa everything. TYPO error. tsk tsk. hehe. Lagi te.. Maong dapat jud pud ipractice ang SILENCE usahay. :)

    ReplyDelete