Friday, December 9, 2011

Mi Ultimo Adios!


"....You give and take away, You give and take away.
My heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be Your name!"


This was the song and melody in my heart the last time I attended
the G12 National Conference in Manila. At first, I didn't get easily its "tune"
but our good Lord orchestrated everything---from the day I said hello
until such time I bid my last farewell.





Barely 7 months ago, I've decided to treat and reward myself with a new
cellphone for 2 major important reasons---take note, it's MAJOR! Haha!

*Reward reason- I've been working for 5 months already and it's time to
invest something for myself. =)

*Treat reason- I just turned 25 on that same month and yes, birthday gift
ko po yun sa sarili ko. hehehe.

"aba siyempre, dapat level-up!"--I told myself.

And so yeah, when the month of May was nearly over,
that precious gift was giggly grasped by my hands.


It seems like days are always in hurry, 7 months have passed and
the G12 National Conference was fast approaching.

Now here's the twist in this awesome encounter with the word "giving":

A day before I left for Manila, I thought I already packed
everything I needed for the trip. But something was tugging my heart all along.
Murag ka-ambakon ug apil akong blackberry sa akong bag.
But I intentionally want to leave it in my room
thinking na, "Manila baya to. Dili ko kapasalig. Daghan kawatan."
Though I had this "valid reason", at the back of my mind,
I do know the "real reason" why I want to tuck it in my drawer
instead of slipping it in my bag.
And I know t'was the Lord speaking right through my heart.

He wants me to give my precious Blackberry.


Uh-oh.

"Should I give it as an offering there in the conference, Lord?
Or are You already speaking to somebody whom I'm going to give it?"

Whatever.

I left it in my drawer anyway.


=(


Disobedient, huh?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Sobbed.

I flew to Manila and----I.Felt.Guilty.





November 28th came, the first day of the conference.
I was earnestly praying in my heart...
"Lord, sorry gyud kaayo. Nahimo gyud kong disobedient.
Unsaon nako pagbawi? Please Lord.. sturyahi ko.
Ingna ko Lord how can I make this right."



And for the nth time, He never failed to answer me.
Indeed, this God that I am serving is a forgiving God.
He took away the guilt feeling.
He gave me another chance.


After Ptr. Cesar Castellanos shared about his [giving-testimony],
I was reminded about my phone I left in Davao.
And I knew it right there and then...
It's time to give it away.
Pero sa panahong ito, No-Holding-Back na. =)
And I said to the Lord, "Yes and Amen!"



And when I reached home after the conference and my timely vacation leave,
I hurriedly checked my phone inside the drawer.
Ayun, Blackberry pa rin naman. Hehe.
Without thinking twice, I sealed it inside its plastic and placed it in its box.
After I melancholically packed it, I hugged it so tight.
Pinapakiramdaman ko lang ko malelet-go ko na ba.
And yes, this time, wala na'y "ouch-feeling."


But of course, I had to ask the Lord "Kinsa man nako ni ihatag Lord?"
And I remembered few months ago, I made a promise to my sister
that I'll give this to her when I'll be able to buy another level-up phone.

Check.

Naa pa to'y condition.

I had to consult the book of life to give me wisdom to know
who will be the blessed redeemer. hehehe!
And He led me to this passage:

Proverbs 3:9-10 (T'was December 3,2011 BTW)
Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

Oo bitaw Lord. Firstfruit gyud ning BB sa akong labor. Hehe. Imo na ni. =)


And another passage:

Proverbs 3:27-28

Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act.
Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow"--when you now have it with you.

Tama Lord! Naka-promise man diay ko sa akong ate sa una...
Dili dapat ko muingon na sa sunod na nako ihatag kung naa na ko'y bag-o.
Kay kung naa na siya sa akong mga kamot, I should not withhold it.
It is in my power to act.

#REVELATION


I texted her and informed her about it.
Sus, perteng lipaya sa akong ate! Hehehe.
She replied a "Thank You" first to the Lord then to me.

=)

Paano ba yan? Ipapa-DHL ko na lang.



And Monday came. Back to work.
But I didn't forget about my promise.
Ayun, binalot ko siya ulit.

Parang last viewing lang. Wahehe.



And before the good staff of DHL took it from my hands,
I wrote a sweet note for my sister---the blessed redeemer, wala na'y lain pa. haha!

Mi Ultimo Adios, Blackberry Storm 9350!


Grabe... to be honest, this experience was kinda hard at first.
But sure enough, giving will be a lot more easier to do next time if
I'll be told to do the same thing.


By the way, me and my UNBEATABLE and UNSCROLLABLE Myphone
are now back in each others arms.
(just in case you're wondering what phone I'm using or
will you still be able to text me? haha! Naman, naman!)



#GivingEncounter

#IveLearnedAlot

#YouGiveAndTakeAway

#BlessedBeYourName

1 comment:

  1. Amen nay!!!wow!!

    1st time ko po makaattend ng G12 conference sa manila..And God also asked me for something there..for the generation that He wants to raise in Kabacan..Blessed to give..jejeje...nabless ko sa imong testimony nay..wow..nakakaexcite na din maggive kay Lord..laging there is something to look forward to..

    ReplyDelete