Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Ate Dok


"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves 
and very much not ourselves --a special kind of double." 
~Toni Morrison




Meet my special kind of double, Ate Am.
Ummm...errr.... Oh gosh. 
I'm running out of words to describe her. Haha!
And I'm not going to push myself to do it because If I did,
this whole page won't be enough.
Aaah, ganito na lang. I'll just give 12 things 
you do not know about her.

Ready?

=)


12 THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT
DR. AMHERSTIA


1. Her name is so unique. Sa ka-unique, her teachers 
and professors before had a hard time pronouncing
 her name and have it spelled.

That's actually from a tropical tree with flowers which 
have an exceptional beauty. My Papa graduated with a degree
in Forestry. So siguro, he find this name cute 
when my Ate was born.


2. She was 7 years old when it was my time to enter this world.
And the whole family welcomed me---except her.

She admittedly rejected me when I was a baby.
She bit and pinched me not because I'm cute (wahehe!)
but because she hated me. How could I blame her? 
When all of the attention was on that cute 7year old kid,
suddenly the newest member of the family took the
spotlight away from her. Oh yeah. That's according to her.
  But don't worry. Naka-overcome na xa.
She eventually learned to love me (thank You Jesus!). 
Paano ba naman din kasi, I'm lovable naman talaga. Ahaha!

3.  She had a middle child crisis.

Again, according to her, palangga daw sa akong 
grandparents akong Ate Hazel (the eldest), 
I'm the fave of my parents, and she's left with nothing.
What a BIG LIE from the enemy, right?
My momsiepops did everything they could 
just to explain to her that it is not really true.
By God's grace, she learned to listen and 
felt she's super loved by the whole family.


4. She was the most brilliant among us three 
especially when it comes to Mathematics.

When I was in elementary, she was my patient tutor
in Math. I could remember her using some flash cards
just to teach with simple addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division. And it was not a
surprise for me if she was a consistent honor student
way back in elementary and high school. She also
graduated from UP Mindanao with a degree of BS Biology.
We are all proud of her.

5. She was my full-time coach with my Jolen and
Lastiko tournaments when I was a child.

Literally, she was by my side when I had my
jolen, cards, pogs and lastiko games with my 
kababatang neighborhood sa una.
She was still my number 1 fan even 
if talunan ako minsan. Wahehe!


6. Just like any other siblings, we also had fights before.

Ganyan daw talaga ang magkasunod, 
usually sila yung nag-aaway. Kalmutan, sabunutan,
bangayan, name it, we did it! We were so harsh
with each other then. Good thing we're 
matured now and grew up more loving this time.
And no, the TIME didn't changed us.
My GOD did. =)


7. She was my room mate since I was born until
she decided to go to MedSchool.

Even though I enjoyed having a bigger space in
the cabinet and so luag na kama, I did missed her.
And I missed her BIG TIME.
For 5 years she was in Ilo-Ilo to pursue 
her dream of becoming a doctor. But whenever
she's home, she still sleeps with me...ganahan pud ko
kay naa koy humok na tanday! Hehehe.

8. She's my human alarm clock!

She's the only one who wakes me up with
the loudest "good morneeeeng!!" right through my ears.
Then she kisses me dala gitik! Kinsa'y dili makamata ana?
Ayyyy....Is there anything sweeter than that? Ayeeeh!

9. She used to give me my baon when I was in college.

Several times, gipit gyud sa finances ang akong family.
And I'm blessed because she was the one giving me
my allowance everyday. All I have to do is 
mutabok from San Pedro College to
San Pedro Hospital (because at that time, she was 
already working as a Resident 
Physician in Internal Medicine Dept.)


10. She was my playmate in Sonic Boom.

Speaking of my college days, we used to play basketball,
car racing, hockey, etc. in Sonic Boom, G.Mall. 
When she's tired with her hospital duties
and me with my nursing studies, we text each
other and voila! We just find ourselves 
playing in that fun-filled place.

11. She never had boyfriend ever since she broke up
with her first highschool sweetheart.

Naku, naku, naku...lagot ako 
pagnabasa niya to. Ahahaha!
 Kidding aside, lipay lang gyud ko knowing 
na we're both waiting for the right man
at the right time. Ang iya lang gyud request,
paunahon lang jud daw xa...Hmmm... titingnan ko 
lang ha? Hehehehe!

12. If you think I'm already sweet and thoughtful, 
try her. She's the sweetest and 
most thoughtful member of the family.

Promise. =)
I'm the sister, so mas nakabalo gyud ko.


If you'll ask me, why am I blogging about her?
Well, happy lang gyud ko because she's home just
this morning from Manila. Yehey!
(BTW, She's with the National Kidney Transplant Institute 
for an Oncology training and helping the Cancer patients.)



Mama and Papa fetched her from the airport
and while I was preparing for work and taking a bath,
I just heard somebody shouting, "I'm home! I'm home!"
Without a doubt, my maingay, bubbly, makulit and 
sweet na Ate Dok is now home. For breakfast,
we prayed and ate together.

=)



She brought with her one big box full of pasalubong.
Sulod ana kay kani nga shoklet, groceries, cakes, etc.
So masaya na naman my parents including me. 



She handed me this purple Starbucks tumbler. Ha!
Love't!!


I was hoping my Ate Hazel (I'll make a blog entry about her next time),
and my pamangkins could also join us as we celebrate
the New Year's Eve para kumpleto.
But they just went to Cebu City a month ago, 
so dili gyud sila kauli for the holidays.

Sige lang, ako na lang mubisita sa Cebu next year!

For now, me and Ate Dok are planning kung
unsa2x na lutuon for the new year celebration
(she's reaaally good in cooking!)
Tapos unsa-unsang klaseng dates among buhaton 
for the remaining 4 days na naa siya dinhi.

#SistersAreGiftsFromTheLord
#JoyUnspeakable


So Thankful To Have Her Sisters,

No comments:

Post a Comment