Tuesday, December 20, 2011

When I See Myself Through God's Eyes


Excerpts from the book The 10 Best Decisions A Woman Can Make
by  Pam Farrel



Chapter 1: Decide to Decide, page 19


A significant woman bases her identity on who God says she is, and she is committed to do,
nothing more and nothing less than what her identity demands. In other words,
as I line up my thoughts to God's thoughts about me, I will become a woman He can use.
When I see myself through His eyes, I realize my value. I am nothing more than a woman
saved by His grace, but I am nothing less than a new creation.


When I see myself through God's eyes, I realize His plan for me is found only in obedience.
I am nothing more than a servant and am nothing less than an ambassador. I am not the master,
so I don't make up the rules. There is one God, and it's not me! All that He requires from a servant is obedience---there is nothing more I can add. Being an ambassador opens up opportunities.
The more God can trust me, the more He will entrust to me. So anything less than obedience means I risk missing out on precious pieces of His plan for me.


When I see myself through God's eyes, I realize my calling and that He has a unique place for me.
If I am driven to do more than my calling, then I'm not being the me God designed. If I am
so busy trying to become someone else, then who is being me?
If in fear I do less than my calling, I miss out on the adventure of being me.
 Nothing more and nothing less will gain God's applause for me.




Deciding to decide,

No comments:

Post a Comment