Friday, December 23, 2011

You Are In My Prayers



Cagayan de Oro City has always been special to me.
T'was 9 years ago when I first set my foot on that place.
(take note, my first ever pinakalayo na byahe 
na dili nako kauban ang akong family).
I had been to several youth camps there and yes, if we're
just talking about memories in CDO, I have lots of it.
Even until now that I'm working, this city of golden friendship
is still part of my life. I supervise most of the doctors and hospitals
there which enables me also to visit them at least 3-4 times in a year.


That's why when I heard about the news that they (including Iligan City)
were greatly affected by typhoon Sendong, it broke my heart.
Many people died and hundreds of them are still missing.
Some of them survived but they were left homeless.
As seen on the television and newspapers, we can see that it was painful. It was hard.
But I guess, not a single man can fathom what they're really going through right now.

Nevertheless, being a Filipino, I just cannot sit here and watch what is
going through as of the moment. One thing I liked most of being a Pinoy
is that we have that spirit of tulungan when our dear kababayans are in need.
Donations of food, clothing and financial assistance as well are freely being given
and to some who are privileged to go there, they're helping non-stop.


After I finished my paperworks in the office this afternoon, 
I quickly went home. (sorry, it took me so long to do this...sobbed)
This is the only time I have to check my cabinet and sort out my things 
to give something to them. And there it is, 14 bags full of clothings,
blankets and shoes. I even asked Papa to accompany me early in the morning
tomorrow in ABS-CBN, Shrine Hills, Matina to hand it to Sagip Kapamilya.

 While I was packing up those things, I was in constant prayer.
I just remembered what Apostle Paul said in 2 Timothy 1:3
"I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, 
as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers."

#ImPrayingForAllOfYOu

#GodAnswersPrayers

#HeIsFaitfhul

P.S.
As of this writing, I am having an Asthma attack. It's not new to me though.
Whenever I'm exposed to dusts 
(ganyan na ba talaga ka-alikabok ang cabinet ko? hehe)
ginahubak gyud ko.
But there's nothing to worry.
My inhaler is helping me with my O.A. na histamines. 2 puffs done.
And the best thing? Jesus is with me---as He has always been.


In faith,

No comments:

Post a Comment